Infolinks

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Listen To Lily Allen's "Sheezus" (Song Preview)

Lily Allen - "Sheezus"

Lily Allen is finally about to release her third studio album, "Sheezus", which will hit the shops on the 5th of May (pre-order here), and a lot of it seems to have already appeared online. Lily herself released a bunch of singles, including "Hard Out Here", "Air Balloon" and a cover of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know", but one song that has been getting a fair amount of attention is title track "Sheezus".

Listen to the new track here:

It isn't exactly a diss track, and Lily recently told Rolling Stone:

"It's completely the opposite of that, though. I'm saying that I want all of them to be Sheezus, and I want to be Sheezus too."

She maintains that she gets compared to other female artists such as Katy Perry purely because they're both women and they happen to have the same genitals.

"It feels like the reason we play women against each other is because it's the last bit of power that men have. They're like, "Let's make them feel shit about each other."

She also name-checks Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Beyoncé in the song. When asked what she thought of potential headlines such as "Lily Allen attacks Lady Gaga", she answered:

"It's just not true. And if she's not succeeding commercially because she's standing by what she does as art, then that's a fucking great thing. That's to be commended. That's what makes a martyr. There's nothing wrong with that."

If you're curious about Lily Allen's new song's lyrics, check them out below:

Been here before
So I'm prepared
Not gonna lie though
I'm kinda scared
Lace up my gloves
I'm going in
Don't let my kinds watch me
While I get in the ring

I'll take the hits
Roll with the punches
I'll get back up
As not as if I've never done this
But then again
The game is changing
Can't just come back
Jump on the mic
And do the same thing

There goes the bell
I know that sound
I guess it's time for me
To go another round
Oh, wish me luck
I'm gonna need it
I'll see you on the other side
If I'm still breathing

Riri isn't scared of
Katy Perry's roaring
Queen B's gone back to the drawing
Lorde smells blood yeah
She's about to slay you
Kid ain't one to fuck with when
She's only on her debut
We're all watching Gaga
LOL and AHAHA
Dying for the art
So really she's a martyr

I'm second best
We'll never cut it for the divas
Give me that crown bitch
I wanna be Sheezus

I'm ready for all the comparisons
I think it's dumb
And it's embarrassing
I'm switching off
No longer listening
I've had enough of persecution and conditioning

Maybe it's instinct
We're only animal
Maybe it's healthy
Maybe it's rational
It makes me angry, I'm serious
But then again I'm just about to get my period

Periods, we all get periods
Everyone feel, that's what the theory is
It's human nature, another cycle
Be nice to me
I’ll make you one of my disciples

Riri isn't scared of...

I’m second best...

I am born again
Now run along and tell all your friends
To come and join us
Give yourselves to me
I am your leader
Let me be Sheezus

No comments:

Post a Comment