Infolinks

Friday 25 April 2014

Katy Perry Premieres "Birthday" Music Video


Right, I will be honest. I like many Katy Perry songs, and it would be weird if I didn't because her team must work really hard on them for people around the World to enjoy them, since it seems that making hit songs is the sole purpose of Katy's existence.

"Part Of Me" is probably my favourite, but I do like "Unconditionally" and "Walking On Air" as well. "Not Like The Movies" is a great ballad.

I own sixteen Katy Perry tracks.

See? Not a hater.

But ever since I saw her face in 2008 and her "I'll try to be controversial by singing about kissing women but I won't kiss one woman" music video something about her put me off.

At the time I thought "Oh look, these Americans, they want their own version of Lily Allen". Lily's song-writing skills were (and still are, to an extent) fantastic, she was genuinely quirky and she was funny without trying. Basically, she was everything Katy Perry wasn't. Not to mention that Katy Perry really can't sing, although that is somewhat secondary in her case because she isn't really about the singing, she's more about the cream-shooting tits, the pink clouds, the naughty gummy bears and that terrible "Last Friday Night" music video.

My main problem with Katy Perry is that she's almost 30 and all she feels the need to do is try and be funny, and she fails a lot of the time. I tried to watch her on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and she just irritated me. She feels like a kids performer who's constantly trying to audtion for Saturday Night Live.

Her latest video is, in fact, an 8 minute sketch. "Birthday" is the fourth single from "Prism". That is four singles in eight months. God, I miss the 90s.

Katy introduces us to Goldie the dancer, Yosef Shulem the MC, Kriss the clown, Ace the animal trainer and Princess Mandee.

Who's your favourite? I can't choose between Goldie and Princess Mandee
All these characters are played by Katy Perry herself and they crash five birthday parties and supposedly, nobody knew it was Katy Perry until she revealed herself.

There is ONE thing I can't criticise Katy Perry for: she's having an absolute blast. She's having the time of her life and that is to be admired.

PS: This is my favourite moment of the video

Creepy and bizarre, the best "Birthday" music video moment
PPS: I do have sense of humour, but Katy Perry doesn't make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment