Infolinks

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Listen To Courtney Love's New Song "You Know My Name"

Earlier this month Courtney Love announced that the original Hole line-up would be back soon and that a reunion was indeed in the pipeline, but she also teased a new solo single, to be released ahead of a UK tour.

The new double A-side single, available May 4


The single appears to be a double A-side titled "You Know My Name/Wedding Day" and it will be available for purchase on May the 4th. You can buy it here.

"You Know My Name" just premiered on BBC Radio 6 and Courtney herself uploaded the song to her official Youtube channel.

So what does it sound like? It sounds like Courtney Love. But it also sounds like "I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor" by the Arctic Monkeys, which is a good thing really and I'm not one to point and accuse artists of copying each other because, you know, I am not 13.

It's old-school punk-rock, it's shouty and it's powerful. Fans of the genre/singer/Hole will be satisfied.

Listen to the song here and see what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment